Terms & Conditions
Please see below our terms and conditions.
Copyright and other relevant intellectual property rights exist on all relating to the company's services and the full website contents.
This company's logo and name is a registered trademark of this company in the United Kingdom. The brand names and specific services of this Company feature on this web site are trade marked.
The Pet Care People® hereafter will be referred to as "the company".
During our initial visit we will collect/complete our information form & agreement for the company so that we may know as much as possible about your pet(s), their routines, habits and your preferences.
1. All clients will be deemed to have accepted the company Services' terms and conditions (as laid out here) whether verbally or in writing. The company reserves the right to consider changes. The company undertakes to treat all data about clients, sitters, prospective clients and prospective sitters as strictly confidential unless all parties agree otherwise.
2. The company agrees to provide a sitter in accordance with the details provided by the client. This may include the care of all animals owned by the client, the maintenance of the home, plants and other requests by the client within reasonable limits.
The client will meet the sitter beforehand, discuss any queries and be satisfied with the suitability and integrity of the sitter provided.
3. The company will charge the client for the services as quoted. A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total sum due is payable to the company at the time of booking. The company will continue to provide services should the original sitter be taken ill or be unable to continue with care during a contracted period.
4. Should the client return early during a booking full fees are payable. Refunds will be considered at the company’s discretion.
5. Should the client be delayed on return the company will use its best endeavors to make alternative arrangements for continued cover even when the original sitter is unable to continue with care following the assignment end date?
6. quotes only included services that are stated open enquiry, if addional services are required for example extra walks, vet trips, longer stay, cleaning and so on will be charged at additional cost.
7. if keys are not provided minium of 2 days before booking is due to start and there is no key safe or code provided, and no contact has been made to confirm booking even if full payment has been made we wont under take the booking.
1. We reserve the right to stop walking/visiting a dog if it shows aggression to people or dogs until training & socialization has taken place. This is not provided by us. The owner will be contacted whenever possible to discuss the situation and arrange a suitable ulternative exercise plan.
2. We reserve the right to either impose supplementary charges and/or terminate this agreement if, the assignment changes from the description given by the client and needs more time or responsibility or if there is a change of the nature of the assignment which could not have been reasonable foreseen by either party.
3. We will not be liable for any damage or injury caused by your dog excepting that of Third Party.
All dogs will be walked in their local area for the amount of time requested unless previously advised.
4. We cannot be held liable for theft or damage to your property or injury/illness to your animals unless we can be shown as negligent.
5. We reserve the right to deny or terminate service because of safety or financial concerns.
6. Extreme weather conditions may mean a curtailment or cancellation of our service at short notice.
7. We will try to give 24hours notice where possible if we cannot walk your dog.
8. If 24hrs notice is not given by the client of cancellation, we reserve the right to charge for the period.
9. We do not walk dogs during thunderstorms or extreme heat/cold but will let your dog out to relieve themselves and keep them company indoors.
10. We cannot walk ill dogs or dogs known to have infection even on a one to one basis because of risk of cross infection.
11. If provided equipment is lost during the time services are being carried out the items will be replaced up to the maximum of £20 per item.
You acknowledge that full disclosure by You in respect of the Dog is of the utmost importance in safeguarding the health and welfare of both the Dog, The Pet Care People®.
You therefore warrant that:
1 all information relevant to the provision of the Services has been disclosed in the Pet Schedule;
2 the Dog has no behavioural problems;
3 the Dog does not scratch, chew or bite, other than in relation to food;
4 the Dog has never attacked a human being or another dog;
5 the Dog has never been used as a guard dog, police dog, for hunting or for any purpose whereby it would be trained to attack;
6 the Dog is not suffering from any illness which may be transmitted to or cause ill health to humans or other animals;
7 the Dog is fully vaccinated as recommended by the British Veterinary Association and has been treated against fleas and worms within fourteen days of the Collection Day.
You agree to indemnify, keep indemnified and hold harmless from and against all direct, indirect or consequential loss (all three of which terms include, but are not limited to, loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and similar loss), liabilities, injuries, damages, claims, demands, proceedings or legal costs and judgements which the Owner incurs or suffers as a consequence of direct or indirect breach of any of the provisions.
8. The Pet Care People reserve the right to refuse to use the owners equipment if they feel they are not appropriate or of suitable to use. Owner will be advised and shown what equipment will be used instead.
1. Where services are required long-term clients are able to make payment on a monthly basis or as agreed. If we are not needed for a couple of day’s full payment will still be required but will be taken off the following month. Hereon in the payment term (weekly or monthly) will be referred to as the ‘Period’.
1A. Regular clients will be priortised over adhock bookings as advised at meet and greet.
2. Regular walks/visits must be paid for prior to the booking period (weekly payers pay for a week and monthly payers pay for a month).
3. Cancellations must be made with a minimum of 24 hours’ notice otherwise the full ‘Period’ fee remains payable.
4. The client is responsible for settling the company’s invoice for services 14 days prior to the commencement of the assignment, unless the services are booked at short notice in which case the client agrees to settle the invoice prior to the commencement of the assignment. The company produce an invoice & where appropriate accept all payment types through the secure payment facilities of PayPal, bank transfer or other.
4.A All outstanding amounts are due within 14 days of being requested either by telephone, Message, email or other. Failure to pay any monies owed within the 14 days will incure £20 intrest per week on top of outstanding amount. All services will be stopped untill payment is made in full. Legal action will be taken if accounts are not settled within two months of first invoice. Payments will then need to be made one week in advance on any further bookings made.
5. Where services are required long-term clients are able to make payment on a monthly basis subject to companies approval.
6. Where payment is not received in accordance with these terms and conditions of business, the company reserves the right not to proceed with any previously agreed arrangements.
7. The client is responsible for ensuring that the sitter is not placed in any avoidable or undue risk when entering into their home as recognized by the Health and Safety Executive.
8. In the event of cancellations which are notified to us 28 days prior to the start of the booking period, all fees less the non-refundable deposit will be refunded or held over for subsequent bookings. If the required notice period is not given charges will be applied in full for the original booked period. If we are unable to proceed with a booking we shall contact the client immediately and return all fees
9. The client must complete a checklist prior to the commencement of a contract which includes primary responsibility and any other issues the client / sitter/walker may have. In the event of continued service the client agrees to inform us of any changes since the previous booking should they not wish to complete another checklist?
10. Bank Holidays also incur additional fees which you will be advised of at time of booking.
11. In the event of extreme inclement weather additional fees may be incurred whereby the sitters carries out travel or dog walking at an increased risk as recognized by the Health and Safety Executive. What is inhospitable weather? Temperatures below 40 degrees or above 80 degrees. Wind chill in winter & humidity in summer are also factored in. Any snow or ice are not considered acceptable conditions to be outside.
12. If it is necessary for keys to be picked up or dropped off in order to complete an assignment a small charges £3.50 will be applied for each trip.
14. The client is responsible for any veterinary bills, no matter how they are incurred, whilst any animals are in the care of the company.
15. The holding of keys after services are stopped/terminated, keys will be held for 2 months they can either be collected (FOC) returned a cost of £7.00.
Pawdicure- All nail trims undertaken by The Pet Care People will not be liable for any damage to the area in which the trim is carried out (within pets own home). We will only undertake the trim if the dog is happy for us to continue, if the dogs becomes stressed or aggressive the trim will cease for the safety of both dog and the person trimming. We will try and ensure they are trimmed to a sensible length but will depend on how long they are. Puppies under 6 months will not be trimmed. If the trim has to stop because of the dog becoming stressed payment is still required.
A non-refundable deposit required at time of booking of £5, for cancellation's 24 hours notice must be given or full payment is required unless its an emergency as the space can not always be refilled.
1. Any jobs booked after 6pm will incur additional fee for unsociable hours.
2. Pet sits are booked on either a daily, half day or hourly rate if after 4pm.
3. All bookings that include bank/public holidays will be charged at 3x the price for each of the Public Holiday days.
4. Prices my increase each year.
5. If we arrive to carry out the booked job and can not get into the collect the pet the job will still be charged at full price.
6. Retainer Fee if walks are not required a place retainer fee of £10 per week is required. All clients have a 3 week holiday allowance which wont be charged plus any holidays taken by the company. This is to ensure your walk time requirement is available all year.
7. Addional fee of £5.00 for poop removal maybe charged if removal of messes is required on arrival for the pets visit. Unless owner agrees to the time taken to clean up being deducted from the service booked.
8. If walks are required outside of the 3 mile radius will be changed at higher rate.
1. All reasonable care is taken to ensure the integrity, suitability of the care provided. The company, to ensure peace of mind for our clients has Public liability insurance.
2. The Insurance only covers the sitter when working on an assignment from the company and for the duration and times of the selected service.
3. We are insured to transport an animal to and from the veterinary practice if an injury occurs.
4. It is agreed that it is the client’s responsibility to ensure that the property, its contents, and animals are adequately insured throughout the duration of the assignment.
5. The company can accept no liability for the loss or injury to any animal.
6. Please ensure you have confirmed on the checklist whether or not your dog can be walked off the lead. For insurance purposed dogs will not be walked off lead unless a disclaimer has been signed and incident or damaged caused by the dog off lead we will not be held liable for.
SCHEDULE of Services
1. Providing accommodation for the Dog, using, where it is supplied, the bedding and toys provided by You (owner) for the Dog.
2. Feeding the Dog in accordance with its diet, as set down in the Pet Schedule (with Food provided by owner);
3. Exercising of the Dog, adhering as far is it reasonable to do so to any exercise schedules set out in the Pet Schedule;
4. Providing and administering any medicines as set down in the Pet Schedule or as prescribed by any relevant veterinary surgeon.
5. Collection and delivery of the Dog from Your home to required i.e Vets or kennel premises.
Small holding care.
1. We are insured to look after Farm animals and horses in a non-commercial environment.
2. Farm and horse care can be on a live in or live out basis. If live out they will be visited twice a day for up to 2 hours or more depending on requirement.
3. Any animal that becomes ill or injured will receive veterinary treatment by their registered vet. Refer to contract on booking, copy available by request.
1. Where exceptional work in addition to our services is required charges will be made accordingly depending on the level of skill required. Approximate quotations will be provided upon request by telephone and then a detailed quotation will be forwarded to the client.
2. A sitter may wish to have either a companion or spouse accompany them on an assignment at no additional costs to the client. This must be agreed with the client and companion/spouse will have been vetted by the company.
3. The company reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions of business and in doing so will post notification of changes on the website.
4. The Pet Care People logo artwork is protected under Copyright Law if anyone is found to be using the logo or part of without our consent to be able to poach trade from an established company by presenting itself in a way that makes the customer believe that are dealing with the more established company would be seen as unautorised copying and would be classed as an infringement and legal action will be taken. Anyone found to be in breech of this will be advised in writing with a 'Cease and Disist Notice' and will be given 14 days to respond in writing before legal action will be taken. Details of where/how to respond to the notice will be included with the notice.
5. In the event of the walker sustaining an injury (broken bones) which results in the walker being unable to carry out walks. We will do our best to inform you as soon as possible so alternative arrangement can be made. If a period of time off is required we will do our best to proived a replacement walker but can not be guarantee.
General Data Protection Regulation Statement
As from 25th May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force. As I hold personal data about my clients (i.e names, addresses, contact numbers and email addresses) I am considered to be a data controller and data processor under these regulations. I am therefore required to comply with the principles of the GDPR and ensure that my clients data is held securely and is not processed in a manner that is incompatible with the reason for which it was collected, kept up to date, etc:
I can therefore advise the following:
1. All data collected at the meet and greet is kept in a secure locked cabinet which is only accessible by myself and one other person as advised during the meet and greet.
2. The Business mobile is secured by a passcode to prevent unauthorised access to client’s phone details. The only information contained is the clients first name and pets name.
3. Clients details will not be passed to any third party without owner’s permission to do so unless required to do so by the courts or other legal requirements.
4. I do not send out unsolicited emails unless to advise on any changes to Terms & Conditions, prices, services or products.
5. Clients records will only be held until our services are no longer required. All documents, forms, contact numbers and email addresses will be deleted/destroyed in both paper and file formats.
All clients can ask to see their personal documents we hold at any time either by text, call, email or in person by appointment. Clients can advise us if they would like to amend or replace information we hold.
The Pet Care People®